The next meeting of the Racial Justice Task Force will be October 28 at 7:30 pm at the church. All are welcome.
LWLC Racial Justice Task Force Minutes from Sept 23, meeting.
Notes from 9/23/2020
- Present – Doris, Carolyn, Todd, Denise, Cindy, Lori, Warren, Becky
at the movies
- “Just Mercy” – 137 min.
- Christie’s and Nuebauer’s will arrange
Oct 25, 5:00 pm showing, 7:30 pm Discussion
- Zoom Group – Carolyn
- In person Group – Becky
- “My Grandmother’s Hand” – by Resmaa Menakem
- Sundays 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Zoom – Warren will lead. Oct 18, Nov 1, Nov 15
- Wednesdays 11:00 – 12:00 am, In person – Doris will lead. Oct21, Nov 4, Nov 18
- Warren and Doris will get together to look at discussion questions.
- Cindy will get 6 books for people ahead of time
- Todd and Denise will make sure information gets in the newsletter and bulletin.
- Todd will contact James Albert of Higher Ground in the future to discuss preaching at LWLC. (My thought: after Christmas season?)
website – https://www.elca.org/Resources/Racial-Justice
- Anti-Racist Pledge
- Other documents
- Use these for future reference.
- Next Meeting – Oct 28, 2020; 7:30 – 9:00 pm.
There is a new Facebook page for members and friends of Living Waters Lutheran Church. It is a page where we can start to explore our call as children of God to racism and injustice. Please join the group and respond to three questions. There is also a chart for you to use to prayerfully think about.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration.